In this easy to follow instructional book, Mike Stinnett shares the techniques and tips he has gained through more than a decade of experience power carving rattlesnake walking sticks.
- Step by Step Instructions: Complete instructions are given for every stage of the process of making a rattlesnake walking stick from start to finish with diagrams and photos.
- Tool Suggestions to Enhance Speed and Efficiency: A list of tools is given that can be used to make this walking stick. Full color photos make it easy to identify the tools for use on the project and also when searching to purchase the tools.
- Selecting and Curing Wood: Tips on selecting and curing the wood plus a description of the wood types that Mike has used are given. He also shares his experiences with each type of wood.
- Design and Layout: Tips on how to lay out your design with confidence.
- Wood Burning the Scales and Details: Mike shares the tricks he has learned from years of experience to layout and burn the snake's scales even on difficult curves and hard to reach areas.
- Painting the diamondback: Clear instructions on how to paint the diamondback pattern including the brand of the paint and the name of the colors. A simple technique shows how to diminish the "painted" look and achieve a more natural appearance.
- Creating a Knurled Hand Grip: Also included are instructions to create a knurled hand grip which gives your staff a high class look and feel.
- Finishing: Mike shares what he uses to show off the grain of the wood and add an element of protection for your walking stick.